Saturday, February 6, 2010

Rum and Racism










So I've been in Perth for almost 2 years now, and I think I've had a reasonably good time...What am I talking about, it's been amazing! I've flown across Australia with my classmate in a single engine piston engine aircraft. I've gone on countless wild nights where we behaved like monkeys out of hell fueled on a chaotic cocktail concoction made of cocaine, crystal meth and heroin, and I've met some great people( and plenty of dickheads), seen some amazing things and acquired some priceless gems of knowledge.

Here's the thing though. Unless you've been living up your own ass for the last 3 to 4 years there are a few things you'd know. There have been numerous attacks on foreign students in Australia, a significant number of them on Indian students. About a month ago, an Indian student was beaten to death in Melbourne. Indian students are 2.5 times more likely to get attacked than other ethnic groups in Australia, and yet the government has not yet labeled these attacks as racist. ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Okay hold on, lets try to look at this from the government's point of view. Okay, so there have been countless attacks on Indian students and witnesses state that they saw the assailants provoke the Indians with names such as " curry muncher"(which I am disgusted at but find strangely hilarious) and other derogatory terms people over here use to describe Indians, but that doesn't make the attacks racially motivated. Nope, sorry, the government is run by morons, clearly they don't know what they're talking about.

It's not just brown people they're racist to, it's everyone who's remotely different. Even white people have to deal with racism here. Yupp, you read correctly, white people. Okay, here's my circle of friends in Perth. Almost all of us are foreign students. I live in a house with 1 half dutch half Indian guy, a dutch girl, A Scott, An Irishman, A Malteaser (he's from Malta), An Aussie and An English girl. The people from the other student houses are half Honduran half English, English, Half Mauritian half English, Italian, half Indian half English, Belgian and Mauritian. And all of us get along just fine. Last night, we decided to go to the 'night life center' of Perth. Personally I think it's a shit hole where men with small weiners try to compensate for size by picking fights with as many people as they can. The place is poorly lit, not very pretty and smells of every excreted bodily fluid known to mankind. There's so much violence that goes on around there that every weekend, half of Perth's police force patrols the area to stop young drunk people between the ages of 18-25 from beating the living shit out of each other. What am I missing... Hmm, oh that's right, they actually have lockup vans to throw people into waiting there. When the van gets full enough, they drive back to the police station. Such is the state of the night life here.


The night started out pretty well actually. We got a maxi cab that holds about 11 people and were screaming down the highway towards northbridge with great dance music blasting from the speakers. We could tell it was going to be a good night. Or so we thought. The first time I was outraged that night was when a bouncer refused to let one of my English friends in because he seemed to be too drunk. Bullshit, he looked fine, bouncers are muscle bound dickheads who love to fight and want to get paid for it. When my friend asked the bouncer why, the bouncer told him , AND I QUOTE, " Go back to your queen". What the hell is that about?! Completely unnecessary, not to mention, racist. Needless to say we had to pull my semi-intoxicated friend away to stop him from getting his face smashed in by the bouncer. FINE.. if we can't get in there, we'll go to another club. We're standing in line and there are no issues. Everyone in front of me gets in, YES! this is going to be awsome. I walk up to the bouncer, he checks my passport, but looks at my shoes and goes, " sorry, can't let you in with those".. Argh, fine, frustrated as I was I didn't want to argue with him. The club had a dress code and I didn't look the part. Fine. But what happened next would have made even Hitler go, " what the scheiser is that about!?". An annoying girl walks out of the club in slippers and goes to the same bouncer who didn't let me in " OH! THANKS FOR LETTING ME IN WITH FLIP FLOPS!", and stumbles off with her drunken-ass husband. It took a lot of effort to not walk up to that prick and floor him straight away. I guess the fact that he was one of those bald muscly tough guys helped me control my rage. Fuck it I thought, 2 of my friends were still with me, we walked to a different bar. Between meeting up with the main group and hanging out in the other bar, I learn that 3 of my friends tried to get into the same club that sent me walking. The same shiny headed cock juggling thunder cunt turned my friend( who as a bit of an accent) away for not wearing the right kind of shoes. When he tried reasoning with the bouncer, he goes, " Your shoes are ugly! Do you understand english? Comprende?" making fun of his accent. RACISM.. BASTARD! My other 2 friends did not like at all how JC was treated and got into an argument with the bouncer and he just pushed them away. He got violent as well..

The saddest part about all this is we can't do anything about this. If we complain to the management of the club, they'll just ignore us. If we complain to the police, they'd just see us as a bunch of drunk people looking to stir shit. And of course the government wouldn't help at all because they're too busy trying to look important and have lots of unnecessary forms to invent to make they're people's lives more miserable. Excellent. There's nothing we can do. It's like hiding dog shit under the carpet. You can't see the dog shit but your nose is screaming that it's there. And this place reeks of racism.

You know what the world needs? The world needs more vigilates. I'm not talking mislead extremist people, or masked men who wear their underwear on the outside and run around in capes, I'm talking decent people willing to stand up for a noble cause. People who can and will punish wrongdoings such as racism, on the spot. Eliminate the scum of the human race or beat enough sense into them so that they realise that they can't treat people the way they do. The world has plenty of pen pushers. What we need is more firepower. Whoever said violence is not the answer got it wrong. Violence should never be the answer but sometimes it is. It's people like the Burmese Junta, Robbert Mugabi, Saddam Hussein (who got what he deserved eventually but for the wrong reasons) and Pervez Musharraf are just some examples of people who have/are getting away with atrocities. People like them don't need to be sent strongly worded letters or have their actions condemned. Oooo you sent Mugabi a strongly worded letter to condemn his actions.. his bunny slippers just ran for cover.... No, people like them need to be shot. And to all you pacifists who don't agree with what I'm saying, what are you going to do about it? Yeah.. that's what I thought, my point exactly. I'm not saying Gandhi was a useless prick, I'm just saying that to purge the world of the likes of people I mentioned above, one can't go on huger strikes or sign petitions to make things happen. Screw the paperwork, send the military in, kick ass and be done with it once and for all.
All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing.
-Edmund Burke

I'm not saying that we're not doing ANYTHING but we are capable of doing so much more.

A little message to all the scumbag bouncers out there; Fuck you, get a real job doorman.

And to the rednecks who chased me down the road in my car and all the other racist people out there, Foreigners and foreign students bring unimaginable amounts of money into your country helping it prosper and making it much better than you would ever be able to sitting on your ass at home, unemployed and getting paid by the government for doing nothing. Fuck you too.

2 comments:

Su Kyaw Khairun said...

Well u practically echoed everything id have wanted to say on the matter. I agree about the pacifist thing not working but go easy on Gandhi will u?
And abhay thats the reason why that bouncer is an uneducated bouncer and you're obviously not one( even if u wanted to be ;P). Ignore the jackasses! Show them what the A man is made of! Hahha

Thought Factory said...

Haha I'm glad you agree.. Oh come on, gandhi wouldn't mind me making a joke at his expense. And thanks I'll show em!